Our accreditations demonstrate our dedication to providing exceptional financial planning advice and service.
Corporate Chartered status
Our corporate Chartered status places us amongst the UK’s leading financial planning firms. Awarded by the Chartered Institute of Investments (CII), the accreditation represents the gold standard of financial planning. To secure corporate Chartered status, firms must demonstrate:
- The highest levels of technical knowledge through professional qualifications
- A commitment to the ongoing development of our skills and knowledge
- An adherence to ethical conduct
Certified Financial Planners & Chartered Wealth Managers
All our Financial Planners have achieved either Certified status or Chartered Wealth Manager status. These accreditations require financial professionals to demonstrate the following, as set out by the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment (CISI):
- Education. They must master theoretical and practical financial planning knowledge by completing a comprehensive course of study.
- Experience. They must meet relevant work experience standards to ensure they possess financial counselling skills in addition to financial planning knowledge.
- Examination. They must pass the CISI’s Financial Planning & Advice examination, which assesses their ability to apply integrated financial planning knowledge to real world client situations.
- Ethics. They must agree to abide by the CISI’s strict Code of Conduct, which defines their ethical responsibilities to the public, clients and employers.
Pension Transfer Gold Standard
The Pension Transfer Gold Standard, as awarded by the Personal Finance Society (PFS), seeks to give Defined Benefit pension holders confidence when they are considering transferring out of a scheme. Firms that adopt the Pension Transfer Gold Standard must:
- Have regulatory permissions for provisions or pension transfer advice. Therefore, we have demonstrated high levels of the financial and technical knowledge required to appropriately advise on pension transfers.
- Not currently be under any form of ongoing regulatory sanction by the regulator or accredited body in this field of advice. You can, therefore, rest assured that we operate to the highest standards.
- Have adopted all the principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard without exception. Accordingly, you can have confidence that we will uphold the above principles.
What our clients say
The majority of my time has been spent running a business and concentrating on making the correct day-to-day decisions; it was essential for me to gain advice and guidance. Phill and his team at RPG have been able to guide me and provide a balanced portfolio. Without turning to RPG, I would have been unable to arrange my long-term financial future. They have a vast amount of knowledge and have produced the results essential for when I decide to retire.
Because our business was growing every year, we didn't really look at how the money we were making was put to best use. We needed some expert advice to lead us in the right direction. Anthony O'Connor has always been very helpful and approachable whilst dealing with our affairs. We are left to do what we do best: run a business. We would highly recommend anybody who is seeking financial advice to look at the services Anthony and his team can provide.”
We decided to use Phill Owen to help us with our financial planning as our savings, mortgage and life policies did not seem coordinated. Phill provided a clear plan for the future. He helped us organise our wills, inheritance matters and our future retirement. With our face-to-face catchups and regular emails or phone calls, Phill has always given us sound advice. This, in turn, has given us the peace of mind that our financial matters, now and in the future, are in good hands and in good order.
Retired Dairy Consultant and Retired NHS Therapist
I started using RPG on the advice of my bank when I started my own limited company. They have guided me through potential pitfalls in such a friendly manner that, even though our relationship has always been professional, I still consider them as friends. This journey has gone through setting up my company, tax, VAT, insurance advice, setting up wills, buying a different house and ensuring my wife and sons are provided for, both now and in the future. It has been such an easy journey. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.
My wife and I have been clients of Phill's for 25 years; 20 of which were with RPG Chartered Financial Planners. 17 years were prior to retirement and nine years have been post-retirement. Their involvement has been crucial to dissipate our financial and estate management concerns. RPG’s staff have been exemplary; always approachable and quick to respond. We have no reason to believe that this tremendous working relationship will not be as successful in the future as it has been in the past. We have no hesitation in recommending them.
Retired Veterinary Surgeon and Retired College Lecturer
I am a Chartered Structural Engineer and have very little knowledge, experience or understanding of financial affairs and investments. Approximately six years ago I started to think about early retirement. For the past six years RPG have provided excellent financial planning and tax-efficient advice in the form of a combination of pension and cash ISA investments, which have grown significantly to such an extent that early retirement is imminent.
Early in 2000, we decided we needed financial advice. We contacted Phillip Owen, who created a financial planning strategy that addressed all our needs. We were impressed with his advice, and so a partnership began that has lasted. Original goals are still being met and often exceeded, and investments are successful. There is long-term financial planning in place, even for the youngest family members. I highly recommend Phill and his team.
Retired Teacher and Volunteer Sector Adviser
We were in need of an adviser who could provide a wide spectrum of advice for managing our portfolio. We met Anthony on several occasions to understand his breadth of experience, and we were very impressed. Anthony's team took the reins in consolidating and rationalising our portfolio. We are very pleased with Anthony's service and we look forward to a long-lasting relationship with him.
IT Consultant & Accountant
Anthony O’Connor has advised me over several years about pensions and general financial planning. I have found him knowledgeable, supportive and a person who provides good solutions . He has a “can do “ approach and makes things happen. I have recommended him to a number of friends and they are all happy with his support and advice He is always good humoured which is a good quality when planning ones financial affairs.